Blogging is described by different people in different ways: For some, it is a great hobby. For some, it is a passion.25 perfect reason start blogging For some, it is a means of livelihood, and for some like me, it is a way of expressing you emotions and helping others but whatever it means there should me some Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging.
But whatever the reasons may be for individuals, the bottom line is that blogging affects different people differently. For a blogger like me, it is a means of helping others and making some money. For a reader like you, it may be a way to get your queries resolved or get information on a topic you are looking for.
Whichever the case may be, blogging is an interesting arena for both bloggers as well as readers. A mutual exchange of information and revenue takes place. Need more motivation about why you should start a blog or start blogging? Read below.
Reasons Why You Should Start a Blog and Start Blogging ?
Here are a few Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging right away.
I have tried to make the list as comprehensive as possible, but incase I have missed out on something, please add it in the comments section below.
1. Blogging Is Easy: Surprised? Well, don’t be. Blogging is no rocket science. If you can actually write decent essays and/or letters and e-mails, you can easily develop a blog and write content. Sounds easy now? It should.
2. It’s Free: Yes. Starting your blog on WordPress is free !! If you are investing nothing more than your time and energy, doesn’t it look like a reasonably good deal?
3. No Coding Required: You don’t have to be a hacker or expert coder to start a website. Content Management Systems like WordPress ensure that the only language you use on your blog is English (or your local language), and not CSS, HTML, JS. It saves you the hassles by providing the coding for your website, so that you can create content with ease without worrying about all the coding mumbo-jumbo.
4. Make Some Money: For those of you who would like to make some bucks online, blogging is an easy way of doing that. Start a blog, add valuable content and start making money ! You can either go for affiliate marketing, use AdSense or Yahoo Ads, or even get direct advertisements from advertisers !!
5. Develop An Authority: If you are good at something, becoming an expert at it would not take much time. You can always develop and project yourself as an authoritative figure in the area of your interest and enhance your reputation, which can help you in professional arenas of your life.
6. Helps You Meet New People: Blogging helps you meet new people whom you may have never met as such. This interaction is also not restricted to cultural or international boundaries. Meeting new people helps in exchange of ideas, viewpoints and help you grow as a person and develop a flexible mindset, which is very helpful in the offline world.
7. Helps You To Inspire Others: Inspiring others is something that people like me love doing. I myself was inspired to take up blogging just because one of my friend’s blog was running successfully, helping him make money in college. If your writing can inspire others, there is no greater feeling than this. Just like this blog ( www.jasjotbains.com) inspired me to blog.
8. Helps You To Become A Good Writer: This is something that you will develop over time, if you dont begin with it. If you are not a good writer, dont fret over it !! As the need for writing quality content becomes ever more important in post-penguin period, improving your writing skills will be ever more important in blogging. A little practice can help to improve your writing skills to a great extent, and not only for your online world. Improved writing skills can also help in writing good letters, greeting cards, e-mails etc.
9. Keep a Personal Journal: Whether it is pictures of your world tour or your personal diary, blogging about something related to your life or events in your life help to create a digital record of the moments. Moments that cannot be erased by wind, fire or rain. Records that cannot be stolen or lost, never to be found again. It can also help you to keep track of milestones, track changes in your lifestyle etc, something that you can easily revisit with the single click of a button. Anytime. Anywhere.
10. Helps To Stay Connected With Friends And Family: The world was a small place. The internet shrunk it even smaller. Blogging helps us to keep in touch with friends and family as it enables us to share pictures, videos, stories and much more, from anywhere in the world.
11. A Good Hobby: Blogging can become a good hobby. Whenever you feel bored and are on the lookout for something to utilize your time well, start jotting down stuff on the internet. Creating a blog is by any means better than surfing the internet aimlessly, stalking the profiles of strangers or trolling on Reddit. You will also learn a lot of things as you progress in your blogging journey.
12. Promote Your Services: Are you a professional on the lookout for new business opportunities? A blog is something you should have, by any means. A blog is in the 21st century what a business card was in the 20th. A blog can have a list of all the services offered by you, as well as testimonials from previous clients, which help in boosting your reputation in a way that business cards cannot.
13. Promote Your Business and Products: Do you have a business that would love to sell itself online? With online commerce taking large strides, promoting your business and the products offered by you online should be a necessity. A blog provides a platform where you can sell your products or services with the click of a button. Bigger margins and more sales, anyone?
14. Tell Your Story: Have a story to tell? You are your own journalist, editor and publisher. You may be a simple teenage kid or an army veteran, a photographer or a housewife; everyone has a story to tell. You never know when others like you relate to you and before you know it, you have a large group of people bound together by a common thread. Nice way of growing your circle of friends.
15. Helps Improve Your Thinking Abilities: You cannot start and end a post without putting your mind into it (Like I am doing at this moment). You need to put your thoughts to paper, chalk out strategies, come out with solutions. You may feel knocked out sometimes, but getting up from the punch is all what matters in the end. A deeper thought process is initiated while writing a blog post, and you get a whole new perspective towards the way you perceive and act upon stimuli.
16. Opportunity For More Work: As I said earlier, your blog is your business card for the world. And don’t be surprised if some authority blog drops a job offer in your mail. A good blog speaks highly about the capabilities of its admin/content creator, and large blog networks are always out looking for decent bloggers.
17. Helps You To Become More Organised: Blogging requires devotion. Period. Unless you want to take it up as a mere time pass, blogging requires devotion, commitment and sincerity, if you want to reach somewhere near the top. This will help you organize yourself better so that you can get much more work done in lesser time and devote the available time for growing your blog.
18. Alters The Thought Process: Blogging helps to look at situations from a different perspective. Your viewpoint is completely altered when you take up blogging. Situations which are considered mundane by normal people are situations from where you can get the next big article. You delve deeper into where you are, where do you see yourself and where are you heading to.
19. Makes You More Confident: Answering questions over a topic you are well versed with, to someone who just knows the ABC’s of it, can help boost your confidence without you moving a muscle. This also helps in cementing your image as an expert on the topic, which will help boost your confidence even more. Positive feedback further boosts this confidence, while negative feedback helps to improve on the already existing base.
20. Recommend To Others: A poem that touched your heart, a restaurant serving great Indian curry, a recipe of your favorite dish or a movie you recently saw. Whichever niche you blog about, you can always recommend stuff to your near and dear ones. Nothing better than hands-on experience. And who knows ! You might get paid for it too.
21. Help People: If you love people and solving their problems, blogging is a great medium for that. It doesn’t matter if your blog is not as big as Ask.com or Quora. Remember – Rome was not built in a day. Slowly but surely, with expert opinions and sure shot helping tips, your blog can grow leaps and bounds to become an authority in your niche. Not only will it help generate revenue and boost your confidence, but it will also give you inner peace by fulfilling your desire of helping others.
22. Blog Is The New Resume: If you are studying Engineering, and blog about Engineering, it would have a great impact when you sit for a job interview. Likewise, blogging also helps you stay abreast with the latest happenings in your field, which can come handy when you are up for a promotion or a raise.
23. Helps Express Thoughts And Opinions: In an era where news is censored and right of freedom of speech is curtailed, blogging helps to express our thoughts and opinions without fear. We can express our opinions and share our thoughts freely with the world, leading to a healthy discussions and clarity in the thought process.
24. Helps To Meet Like Minded People: The people who visit your blog are also looking for the same information which you blog about. Thus blogging helps to engage people with similar interests and such engagements can help create new friends and business partners. It also helps in growing your knowledge about the topics at hand, and can help you get more clearer insights, which you may have missed out earlier.
25. Helps Adjust To Fame: A good blog can make an introvert person into an overnight celebrity. From someone who was not used to replying to more than 5 texts a day to someone who gets 100 e-mails a day, is a big change. However, being physically away from this sudden rush of celeb-dom, it helps to adjust gradually to new found fame. Visitors are eagerly waiting for every new post of yours. That is a great feeling in itself.